I received my training as a Health Coach from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition’s cutting-edge Health Coach Training Program.
During my training, I studied over 100 dietary theories, practical lifestyle management techniques, and innovative coaching methods with some of the world’s top health and wellness experts. My teachers included Dr. Andrew Weil, Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine; Dr. Deepak Chopra, leader in the field of mind-body medicine; Dr. David Katz, Director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center; Dr. Walter Willett, Chair of Nutrition at Harvard University; Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating; and many other leading researchers and nutrition authorities.
My education has equipped me with extensive knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and preventive health. Drawing on these skills and my knowledge of different dietary theories, I work with clients to help them make lifestyle changes that produce real and lasting results.
I also consider myself a perpetual student… you’ll always find me seeking out additional online or in-person course work, with my nose in a self-help book, or devouring information online. I’ve picked up a lot of information over the years about about quite a few different topics as it relates to authentic, happy, healthy, simple living. Here’s a sampling of some of the classes I’ve taken and a few of my favorite books which translate into philosophies and concepts that I teach in my classes and in one-on-one coaching:
- Mary Morrissey’s Dream Builder Program
- Amy Miller McCready’s Positive Parenting Solutions Program
- Silva Life System: Meditation & Mind Control Program
- Attended NAPO: National Association of Professional Organizers national annual conference/training and local Chicago chapter conferences
- Jill Hope’s Balanced Parenting Blueprint Class
- Flo Living: Hormone Balancing Program
A few of my favorite books: (affiliate links)
Nutrition & Health:
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility
- Practical Paleo
- The Paleo Approach
- Wheat Belly
- Gut and Psychology Syndrome
- Getting to YUM: The 7 Secrets of Raising Eager Eaters
- Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child
- Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting
Organizing & Living Simply: